Ahead of this weekends Black Country derby we speak to Vital Wolves about their season and hopes.
With thanks to Akela.
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
No not really as expected, as I had hoped to push on from last season. As long as we avoid the drop then it’s still a successful season.
Highlight – wins over Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United.
Lowlights – the losses following the unexpected wins to teams around us in the table, pretty much cancelled out all the good results we’ve had this year!
2) It hasn’t been the greatest of seasons for our Black Country friends, do you think you are going down or do you still hold out hope?
We’re staying up.
3) Where do you see your current weaknesses this season? Any clues for the game will be greatly appreciated 🙂
Right now it’s in attack with SEB and Doyle both out and likely to miss the game.
4) Who will be your key dangerman?
It’s looking likely to be Fletcher.
5) Is Mick the man to stay with regardless of what happens or do you think his time may have come to and end?
I would ideally like to see him stay, but I guess his fate will be determined by whether we stay up or not.
6) Do you believe Albion are now safe following our recent results?
Unfortunately for us, yes you are, I think it’s three from West Ham, Wigan, Blackpool, Blackburn and ourselves.
7) Obviously we’ve swapped Di Matteo for Hodgson, do you think we’ll now be a completely different prospect compared to the game earlier in the season and have you been surprised by the impact Roy has had on our results of late?
No not really, while I didn’t think Di Matteo did much to deserve the chop, a manager of the calibre of Roy Hodgson doesn’t come around too often and he was always going to have a good impact on whoever he went too after not getting the luck at Liverpool.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Peter Odemwingie, a week doesn’t seem to go by without him scoring.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
See question 8!
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
Over the course of the season you have conceded a lot of goals away from home, so we will be looking to get an early goal and try rattle you. We’re low on confidence right now so a bright start and a goal should see us grow into the game.
11) Finally, a prediction please fellow football fan…
2-0 to the Wolves.
Vital West Brom on:
Vital West Brom on:
Join Vital West Brom
It’s easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!